Cashmere is a precious and expensive fibre, but also very delicate. For this reason, the lifespan of a cashmere garment depends on several factors, including the quality of the yarn, the Made in Italy artisanal production and the care and maintenance done after purchase.
The quality of the yarn is one of the most important factors that influence the durability of a cashmere garment. High-quality cashmere is made of long, thin fibers, which are more resistant to wear and deformation. Additionally, the high-quality yarn has a higher fiber density per square centimeter, making it more resistant to wear and tear.
Artisanal production Made in Italy
Made in Italy artisanal production is another important factor that influences the durability of a cashmere garment. Fabrics produced in Italy are known for their high quality and attention to detail. Furthermore, the fabrics produced in Italy are often made with traditional techniques which make them more resistant to wear.
Care and maintenance
The care and maintenance of the cashmere garment are equally important to guarantee its durability over time. Here are some useful tips:
- Hand wash or dry clean: Cashmere should not be machine washed, only hand or dry washed.
- Use cold water: hot water can damage cashmere fibers.
- Use a mild detergent: Only use a mild detergent to wash the garment.
- Do not wring: do not wring the garment after washing, but dry it flat.
- Store correctly: store the cashmere garment folded to avoid permanent creases.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your cashmere garment lasts a long time.