The natural fibers they can be of animal origin such as work or the cashmere, or of vegetal origin such as cotton, flax, hemp.
But why should we choose natural fibers instead? What are the benefits?
With the help of the article published on "They do" let's try to answer these questions by indicating the 5 advantages of natural fibers.
1) Breathability and thermoregulation: the work and the other natural fibers are known for their ability to regulate body temperature and allow good perspiration. This means that woolen clothes can keep you warm when it's cold and cool when it's hot. For these reasons we decided to produce one pole short-sleeved summer jacket in extrafine merino wool.
2) Reduction of washing: natural fiber garments absorb odors less than synthetic or artificial ones. This allows them to be worn several times, reducing the number of washes and the consequent consumption of water, electricity and the release of polluting detergents into the environment, contributing to the environmental sustainability.
3) Reduction of microplastics: Synthetic and artificial fibers can release microplastics into the environment. Natural fibers do not present this problem: a great advantage for sustainability of the ecosystem.
4) Quality and resistance: natural fibers are more resistant and of high quality, characteristics that allow the garment to last longer.
5) Environmental sustainability: the use of natural fibers reduces the overall environmental impact of the textile industry, as it requires fewer fossil and chemical resources than artificial and synthetic ones.
Woolioli's choice to use natural fibers (cashmere, misto lana cashmere e seta, cotton) it is a responsible decision that takes into account both the environment and the comfort and health of consumers.
If you want to find out what the differences are between natural, artificial and synthetic fibres, read the our article published on the blog.